Meet the HAB Staff
- Kyle Reese
- Kyle Reese has been our senior pastor since May 1, 2006. He is married to Amy, and they are parents of Peyton, Hannah, and Wyatt.
Kyle is an alumnus of Leadership Jacksonville (Class of 2008) and Leadership Florida Class XXVIII. One of his favorite things about serving Hendricks Avenue Baptist Church is that it gives him an opportunity to serve the larger community. Kyle is on the board of OneJax, San Marco Rotary, and Youth Leadership Jacksonville. He is a part of WJCT’s First Coast Connect “God Squad,” which is a group of interfaith leaders who provide commentary on local and national issues from a faith perspective.
Active in Baptist life, Kyle serves on the board of Associated Baptist Press, as well as in various leadership roles within the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. He served as the preacher at the 2011 Cooperative Baptist Fellowship General Assembly in Tampa, Florida.
Dr. Reese holds degrees from Wayland Baptist University, George W. Truett Theological Seminary at Baylor University, and Northern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Tommy Shapard
Minister of Music and Worship
- Tommy has been the Minister of Music and Worship at HAB since 2008. In addition to helping plan worship and providing pastoral care, he is the conductor for the Sanctuary Choir, Master Ringers, HAB Youth Choir, and supervises the graded children’s choirs.
He earned his Bachelor of Music Education degree from Baylor University in 1997, graduating Magna Cum Laude and receiving the School of Music’s Annual Senior Award for Outstanding Music Educator. Tommy received his Master of Divinity degree in 2004 from Emory University’s Candler School of Theology.
Over 15 years, Tommy has served churches in Texas, Florida, and Georgia. He served on the Extra-Musical subcommittee for the newest Baptist hymnal, Celebrating Grace (2010), served on the Worship Planning committee for the 20th Anniversary General Assembly of the CBF, and was a presenter at Candler’s Festival of Congregational Song in 2012.
Outside of the church, Shapard is the Assistant Conductor for the Young Men’s Chorus of the Jacksonville Children’s Chorus, a member of ACDA, Choristers Guild, and Handbell Musicians of America.
He is married to Rachel. They have 3 children, Drew, Kate, and Mac.
- Anne England
Minister of Youth
- Anne became our Minister of Youth on March 1, 2011. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Religion from Baylor University in 2001. Anne then attended Emory University’s Candler School of Theology, where she received her Master of Theological Studies degree in 2003. She has been in ministry for over 7 years and has served churches both in Florida and South Carolina. Anne brings to her work the desire to walk with students and adults in their faith journey. She is married to Jordan, a South Carolina native.
- Faith McCall
Minister to Children
- Faith McCall was ordained as the Minister to Children on February 26, 2012, however, she has been serving as Director of Children’s Ministry at HAB since September 2007. She received her Bachelor’s degree in accounting from Jacksonville University in 1988. Since leaving the accounting field, she has served in many different positions in the children’s ministry. Faith has been a children’s worship leader, a children’s choir teacher and a preschool Sunday School teacher. She also has experience as a Christian preschool teacher. She and her husband Charles have two children, Cameron and Ryan.
- Vickie Landers
- Ms. Landers is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the University of North Florida with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting. She joined the staff at HAB in the fall of 2002, after working years in the public accounting field and five years in corporate accounting.
- Laraine Humbert
- Eleanor Rogers
- Brenda Scott
- Norma G. Hagan
- Linda Nelson
- Gene Maszy
Volunteer Food Service Director